The overwhelming majority of users are trustworthy and well-meaning.
Nevertheless, please take precautions online as you would offline.
Job Board Listing:
When meeting someone for the first time, please remember to:
* Insist on a public meeting place like a cafe, bank, or shopping center.
* Do not meet in a secluded place, or invite strangers into your home.
* Be especially careful not to give out personal information.
* Tell a friend or family member where you’re going.
* Take your cell phone along if you have one.
* Consider having a friend accompany you.
* Trust your instincts.
Taking these simple precautions helps make it safer for everyone.
For more information about personal safety online, check out these resources:
Account Eligibility; Your Responsibility:
You are not authorized to create an account or use the Services unless all of the following are true, and by using our Services, you represent and warrant that:
* You are at least 18 years old;
* You are legally qualified to enter a binding contract with Studentfilmsonline;
* You are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country;
*You are not on any list of individuals prohibited from conducting business with the United States;
*You are not prohibited by law from using our Services;
*You have not committed, been convicted of, or pled no contest to a felony or indictable offense (or crime of similar severity), a sex crime, or any crime involving violence or a threat of violence, unless you have received clemency for a non-violent crime and we have determined that you are not likely to pose a threat to other users of our Services;
*You are not required to register as a sex offender with any state, federal or local sex offender registry;
*You do not have more than one account on our Services; and
*You have not previously been removed from our Services or our affiliates’ services by us or our affiliates, unless you have our express written permission to create a new account.
*If at any time you cease to meet these requirements, all authorization to access our Services or systems is automatically revoked, and you must immediately delete your account.
You agree that you will not:
* Misrepresent your identity, age, current or previous positions, qualifications, or affiliations with a person or entity;
* Use the Services in a way that damages the Services or prevents their use by other users;
* Use our Services in a way to interfere with, disrupt or negatively affect the platform, the servers, or our Services’ networks;
* Use our Services for any harmful, illegal, or nefarious purpose;
* Harass, bully, stalk, intimidate, assault, defame, harm or otherwise mistreat any person;
* Post or share Prohibited Content (see below);
* Solicit passwords for any purpose, or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users or disseminate another person’s personal information without his or her permission;
* Solicit money or other items of value from another user, whether as a gift, loan, or form of compensation;
* Use another user’s account;
* Use our Services in relation to fraud, a pyramid scheme, or other similar practice; or
* Violate the terms of the license granted to you by Studentfilmsonline (see below).
* Disclose private or proprietary information that you do not have the right to disclose;
* Copy, modify, transmit, distribute, or create any derivative works from, any Member Content or Our Content, or any copyrighted material, images, trademarks, trade names, service marks, or other intellectual property, content or proprietary information accessible through our Services without Studentfilmsonline prior written consent;
* Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by Studentfilmsonline;
* Use any robot, crawler, site search/retrieval application, proxy or other manual or automatic device, method or process to access, retrieve, index, “data mine,” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of our Services or its contents;
* Upload viruses or other malicious code or otherwise compromise the security of our Services;
* Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any information transmitted to or through our Services;
“Frame” or “mirror” any part of our Services without Studentfilmsonline prior written authorization;
* Use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to Studentfilmsonline or the platform (or any trademark, trade name, service mark, logo or slogan of Studentfilmsonline) to direct any person to any other website for any purpose;
* Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of our
*Services, or cause others to do so;
*Use or develop any third-party applications that interact with our Services or Member Content or information without our written consent;
*Use, access, or publish the Studentfilmsonline application programming interface without our written consent;
*Probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our Services or any system or network;
*Encourage, promote, or agree to engage in any activity that violates these Terms; or
*Create a new account after we suspend or terminate your account, unless you receive our express permission.
*The license granted to you under these Terms and any authorization to access the Services is automatically revoked in the event that you do any of the above.
Studentfilmsonline owns all other content on our Services.
Any other text, content, graphics, user interfaces, trademarks, logos, sounds, artwork, images, and other intellectual property appearing on our Services is owned, controlled or licensed by us and protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property law rights. All rights, title, and interest in and to Our Content remains with us at all times.
* Studentfilmsonline DOES NOT promote pornography on studentfilmsonline.com website and Studentfilmsonline Short Film Festival. Studentfilmsonline DOES NOT promote political views, religious views and occults on studentfilmsonline.com website and Studentfilmsonline Short Film Festival.
* The term ‘studentfilmsonline’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
* Studentfilmsonline grant you a limited license to view the content and to use studentfilmsonline services for personal and for a non-commercial purposes.
* You must not remove, alter, interfere with, or circumvent any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices marked on the content or any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection or access control measure associated with the content. The copying, re-posting, altering, downloading, stream capturing, reproduction, duplication, archiving, distribution, uploading, publication, modification, translation, broadcast, performance, display, sale, or transmission of the content is strictly prohibited. The content covered by this restriction includes any text, graphics, layout, interface, logos, photographs, audio and video materials, and stills. In addition, you are strictly prohibited from creating derivative works or materials that otherwise are derived from or based on in any way the content, including montages, mash-ups and similar materials. You may not incorporate the content into any hardware or software application. This prohibition applies even if you intend to give away the derivative materials free of charge.
* Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
* Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
* This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
* All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
* Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
* From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
* Studentfilmsonline takes no responsibility for advertisements or any third party material posted on any of the sites, nor does it take any responsibility for the products or services provided by advertisers. Any dealings you have with advertisers found while using the studenfilmsonline services are between you and the advertiser, and you agree that studenfilmsonline is not liable for any loss or claim that you may have against an advertiser.
* You agree that your use of the studentfilmsonline website shall be at your sole risk to the fullest extent permitted by law, studentfilmsonline, its officers, directors, employees, and agents disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the studentfilmsonline site and your use thereof. Studentfilmsonline makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of this site’s content or the content of any sites linked to this site and assumes no liability or responsibility for any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content, (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of our website, (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (iv) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from our website, (iv) any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, or the like
which may be transmitted to or through our website by any third party, and/or (v) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the studentfilmsonline website. Studentfilmsonline does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the studentfilmsonline website or any hyperlinked website or featured in any banner or other advertising, and studentfilmsonline will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services as with the purchase of a product or service through any medium or in any environment, you should use your best judgment and exercise caution where appropriate.
StudentFilmsOnline is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
StudentFilmsOnline may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
* name and job title
* contact information including email address
* demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
* other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We we do with information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
* Internal record keeping.
* We may use the information to improve our products and services.
* We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
* From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive.
Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the
data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
* Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
* If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us.
* We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.